[MARINE_BIOLOGY_INTERNATIONAL] Sharing news about my new book about diving with Captain Cousteau

 

Hello all. I'm not a marine biologist but have great interest in marine biology and nature and the environment in general.

When I was a young man (1973 - 1979) I had the opportunity to dive with Captain Jacques Cousteau. I kept journals and finally just recently put my self published book on the market.

I am interested in ways to get the word out so if you can suggest periodicals, bloggers, speaking opportunities, etc. please feel free, and of course please tell your friends. - I call it a simple true story. I'm of course biased but I do think it's a good read.

Many thanks! - Richard

FROGMEN

The True Story of My Journeys With Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau and the Crew of
Calypso (available in paperback or downloadable via links below)

By Richard E. Hyman

In my personal account of expeditions with legendary French explorer Captain Jacques-Yves Cousteau and the crew of research vessel Calypso, I take the reader behind the scenes, inside the ship, and under the sea.

In 1973, at the age of eighteen and just out of high school, I drove a truck from Los Angeles to the Canadian wilderness to work with Cree Native Americans building a cabin for the Cousteau team to winter in and film beavers. Subsequent journeys included diving in Florida's warm springs with manatees and off the panhandle with stone crabs. Months later I flew to Mexico's Yucatán and boarded Calypso, a relatively small and unsteady wooden ship, and camped on an
uninhabited island to study lobsters. From there I sailed south along the 180-mile Belize Barrier Reef, filming the spawning of thousands of grouper and a visit from singer songwriter John Denver. On my final voyage, en route to Venezuela, I experienced treacherous dives on the USS Monitor shipwreck off North Carolina, the death of Philippe Cousteau, and skeletons inside wrecks off Martinique, not to mention close encounters with pirates and drug smugglers.

FROGMEN is an inspiring adventure of a young man who pays homage to one of the greatest explorers and visionaries of all time.

Facebook: Frogmen Page
Twitter: @frogmen
FROGMEN available in paperback and eBook
https://www.createspace.com/3518052 and
http://www.amazon.com/Frogmen-Journeys-Captain-Jacques-Yves-Cousteau/dp/14564621\
72/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1306331139&sr=1-1


Kindle version available at Amazon works on Kindle devices and other eReaders and tablets with the Kindle app, e.g. iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, PC, Mac, Blackberry, and Android-based devices.

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment