[MARINE_BIOLOGY_INTERNATIONAL] "Dolphins Aweigh" from 1973

 

Posted a link in the Links section to "Dolphins Aweigh," a 1973 episode from the vaults of the CBS news show "60 Minutes" featuring intrepid reporter Morley Safer investigating the military use of dolphins, pilot whales and sea lions.

This episode, which I did not see at the time, is of particular interest to me because it features the mysterious Michael Greenwood, a civilian scientist who claimed to have worked for the CIA, and later the Navy, training dolphins in Key West. I interviewed Greenwood in 1978 and found him to be fascinating, creepy and his story impossible to substantiate with the resources at my disposal. I recently digitized the tape, but his rambling narrative requires extensive editing to be accessible. -- Moderator MJB

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment