[MARINE_BIOLOGY_INTERNATIONAL] 15-foot great white shark attacks kayaker

 

15-foot great white shark attacks kayaker

May 15, 2012 10:19 AM EDT

A man kayaking off the California coast was attacked by a 15-foot great white shark.

Joey Nocchi and two buddies were fishing from their kayaks – and were making their way back to shore when the attack happened.

"I was taking just nice fluid strokes, just cruising along and I got hit from the bottom and it sounded like somebody hit my kayak with a baseball bat," said Nocchi.

That bat turned out to be a 15 foot great white shark.

Its powerful jaws and teeth sunk deep into his vessel pushing Nocchi five feet into the air and then into the water.

"I had my life vest on and it came across me, and I didn't want to touch it. You know I had my hands back, but his tail came across me and I felt his skin on my hands and it was a pretty crazy...eerie feeling," said Nocchi.

"Sharks don't like people. They don't like to eat people," said Richard Stacey of the North Coast Ocean Rescue Team.

Stacy says if a shark doesn't like what it's eating, it will back off.

But sometimes, their teeth can hit a vital artery, and that's when it turns deadly.

Postings now line Leffingwell Landing warning people of the confirmed attack.

NBC News

__._,_.___
Recent Activity:
.

__,_._,___

0 comments:

Post a Comment